View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 08:07 PM   #4
Heatcheck3s
Rookie

Heatcheck3s's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts on Chris Smoove's MyTeam "Rant" and other MyTeam thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17

It HAS to be HARD to get MT....otherwise the cards have ZERO value. If anyone can easily play a few games and get whatever they want....how does that have VALUE?

Part of the problem isn't 2K....it's the sense of entitlement sooooo many players have. They feel like they should have every card...and they focus on the cards they don't have instead of the ones they do have.
Hit the nail on the head with that point, there's so many people out there that think they're entitled to any card out there but isn't willing to grind for it.

You bring up lots of interesting points as well. If MT was easy to make, the market value of prices get inflated(as we've seen). Although his point about MT being hard to build up is somewhat true, as the game is pretty intimi****** for any sort of beginner, or just the 'middle class' players, who now has only the card milestones to earn substantial amounts of MT, but is constantly pressured to build his team up against the rest of the competition. I guess you just can't have it both ways.

Regarding MUT's team collection rewards that earns you currency in game, tbh, I feel it's necessary to because you need 11+ players on both sides of the ball plus kicker and punter to have a functional team. In other words, there needs to be a way to generate enough currency in proportions to the team size. Compare that to the size of a lineup in 2k, where you only really need 10 players, 13 players max, the currency proportion is certainly different.

I think he also briefly mentioned the Auction House and its flaws and imo, the AH is one of the worse I've seen because of how bad its bidding system is. Coming from FUT, where if a user placed a bid under 30 seconds, the bid's timer resets back to 30 seconds, 2k's AH is frustrating because sometimes you just have multiple people camping on a card and bidding on it simultaneously with like 3 seconds left. The card is basically rewarded to the last user that put the bid in, and then everybody is shut out with no second chance. With all of that being said, I haven't and won't even bring up all the duping nonsense that came from the AH this year.

Last edited by Heatcheck3s; 01-31-2015 at 08:09 PM.