View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 07:38 PM   #777
WaitTilNextYear
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
To be fair, most tattoos that I see are copies of things that already existed (foreign words, common symbols or patterns), a lot of it is even copyrighted imagery that artists don't own (possibly breaking copyright themselves, famous characters for example) so it's WAY more complex than your example.

If you decorate a cake with Bugs Bunny or some generic pattern, you don't own the rights to bug bunny or said generic pattern.

Obviously, MLB the Show couldn't put tattoos of copyrighted characters in the game anyway.
The main issue here is that MLB: The Show is a much more visible platform. It's much more likely to come under fire from copyright infringement than an individual tattoo artist (the designs of which are hiding under clothing and not visible compared to being featured on a box perhaps in every big box store in the U.S.). It's only breaking the law if you get caught, right? The visibility is the issue here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I preferred Dowd
Good ole Jon Dowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
Question about editable contracts, which is the feature I'm most excited for:

It says, "Editable Contracts (Franchise mode)". Does this mean you have to be in a franchise in order to edit the contracts, or can I edit the contracts at the Edit Roster portion of the Main Menu outside of Franchise, but it's only utilized when IN Franchise mode?

Thanks in advance for the response.
Doubt it. I don't even think there are contracts until loading the franchise mode. You haven't even been able to see them let alone edit them. That's how Totte was able to engineer real value contracts. Outside of franchise mode, he'd edit the players to be better or worse/alter their positions and then load the franchise mode (which would apply the contracts at that point) and then edit the players back to their normal ratings. It's a very tedious procedure, but the contracts stuck and there was hardly a better way.