Old 02-02-2015, 07:32 PM   #1105
gman2774
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Truth be told....neither. I have had the worst sort of trouble settling in with this game. Part of it is that I don't enjoy the NFL game as much as I once did and I get bored very quickly.

The other thing is the game itself. I really want this game to play as well as our NCAA 14 set does - just for the NFL. However, man coverage for the user is ridiculously bad on All Madden (and not much better on AP) and I can't seem to get the right mix for my skill level on Pro (although it does play nicely). Those factors, combined with my natural slideritis, has put me in this mode where I keep vacillating from one thing to another and the frustration has mounted. I'm really happy that people are enjoying my sets, but my relative disinterest in the NFL game (relative to college) has me nit-picking every little thing that I don't like.

I am actually considering going back to the drawing board and trying some different things (like higher thresholds). Virtually every set here (including mine) has threshold at or below 50 and most have one or more of the major issues that have driven me absolutely crazy. Maybe a higher thresh can give us a better balance....
I feel your pain. I appreciate your work on the sliders but I'm having the same issue. I just can't settle in. So many variables and mysteries to this game. The cause and effect to making adjustments is mind boggling. I think things are so entangled that not even EA could guide us at this point. It's a shame cause the game does have potential and is capable of providing a good game of football from time to time. Just not consistently. I've never seen so many theories on how to get the game to play "well". Just today some of the best slider creators (you, charter, and king) are posting ideas still trying to get consistency from this game. . It's time for me to make a decision. Either put the game away or pick a set and play them out for better or for worse. Accept it for what it is. I can't remember a game where such dedicated players/slider creators just can't adjust and settle in to get what they're looking for in this game. That alone is a feat for EA! Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove