Old 02-03-2015, 01:28 PM   #6
woody2goody
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: WWE 2K15 2K Showcase DLC Available Today - Full Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nines
As a guy who hasn't purchased a wrestling game since 2011, I can honestly say that the in-ring action is the best it's been in years. The stamina system does a great job of mimicking the pace of real-life matches (though it is not without it's quirks) and the first time you hit a Sweet Chin Music, collapse to the mat and have to crawl to your opponent to get the cover it is nothing short of amazing.

Saying that though, the lack of match variety, and general scaling back of previously present features is a sore point. The Career Mode that seemed to have promise prior to release has almost zero depth, and feels like you're just grinding from one match to another with little to no context. Universe Mode has appeal, but it only really comes into its own if you micro-manage the hell out of it and book everything as you want it.

Even with those negatives, I do not regret a single penny I spent on WWE 2K15. I got it during the Holiday Sale at a discount price (season pass included) and it's always fun to play, at least for me. As a fan who was disgruntled with the product for years, I'm pleased with my purchase.
Yeah I really enjoy the game. Not as much as I thought I would admittedly, but the right match with the right wrestlers in the right situation and you can get spectacular results.