View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 10:24 PM   #17
ianlast
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Sports Game Developers Are Overlooking Single Player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuhead
I don't think I missed the point at all.

You say the gameplay and presentation is specifically tailored towards the online crowd, when that is not true. Like I mentioned in first response, NBA 2K15 onliine, there IS NO PRESENTATION. There is NO view of the arena from the outside before tipoff. There is NO Shaq and Ernie pregame show. There is NO custom sliders option, there is NO custom roster option, there is NO halftime interviews. Do I need to continue? These options are for offline, single play modes.

And let's not even mention the main menu reads from left to right, My GM, My Player, My this My that. And this game is tailored towards what crowd again?

The gameplay is really never much of difference. Except the responsiveness is smoother offline.

Lastly you make an assumption that everyone would skip intros and cut scenes, that also is not true. I happen to have a crowd of friends that actually would love to enjoy every aspect of the game. Every single feature the offline player is provided. I mean...isn't it only fair? We paid the same amount of money right?

My crowd would also welcome mis snaps at the line of scrimmage and any other mishaps that happen in real life. Just this year, there have been numerous complaints online that there wasn't enough penalties being called.

The only solution to this is to make all the features available for both modes.
Fair enough. I don't have 2K15, so I can't really speak to that.