View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
The Quest For Donny Baseball 1987 Yankees Franchise Year 4 MLB The Show 20

Hello Baseball fans and in particular New York Yankees die hards! JMeyers and Jethro Tull have released their legendary 90 man full minors 1987 roster set for MLB The Show 14. They had made this very same set for MLB The Show 11 and it was amazing. Well they have done it again and I will be doing a 30 team control franchise.

I am taking on the my all time favorite team in the New York Yankees and in particular on a quest for my all time favorite baseball player in Don Mattingly. I was 17 years of age during the 1987 season which brought us the "juiced ball" season. It was a great year and baseball was all that mattered to me back then. As a junior on my high school team I loved watching all the great players from the 80's era coming into their primes.

Mattingly

Henderson

Puckett

Trammell

Whittaker

Sandberg

Ozzie Smith

Saberhagen

Clemens

The list can go on forever quite frankly. It was the golden age of baseball for so many of us Gen X'ers.

So I am going to play each and every game the following way:

Full Counts

Timed Hitting/Directional

Classic Pitching

Auto fielding/manual throwing (button no meter based only on player ratings)

Assisted base-running

Using my custom slider set (All-Star Hitting HOF Pitching) I expect to yield fantastic simulation like results.

This thread will follow this entire franchise and it will be carried over to MLB 15 and 16 and possibly beyond that as I truly plan on playing at least 5-6 season deep at a minimum. So this will be a multi-year franchise going forward on future versions of The Show with the Y2Y save feature. Not only that, I may even switch teams at some point down the road as I will have 30 team control and the ability to move on if my heart desires to.

My plan is to update the thread monthly with highlights from that months games, key players, who is hot and cold for my squad, any injuries, roster moves and some news stories covering the team. I will provide full off-season reports in regards to free agency for my team, any rule 5 draft picks and the amateur draft. Full year end player statistics, team statistics and full game by game post season coverage.

If the Yankees do get knocked out of the post season (if they make it) I will choose a team in both the AL and NL to continue the post season with and report the results through the World Series.

I hope you enjoy following this historic franchise dynasty as much as I will be playing and running it.

Most games will be available on my twitch channel for replay (or to view live if your a follower). When I do broadcast games I do use my mic to interact with my guests while I pitch. When I am at bat I do not typically talk and respond to questions. But I do get excited on big plays, hits and action during the game! We have a lot of fun, talk sports, especially baseball during the broadcast.

Once again enjoy the franchise and games are set to begin next week once the final version of the 1987 90 man roster is complete.

Play ball!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 12-04-2021 at 10:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove