View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 04:36 PM   #136
BA2929
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video & Blog - Universal Rewards & Licensed Equipment Detailed

Quote:
George Brett - Kansas City Royals

While I can't be mad about having George, I'd love to see some Bo Jackson. He'd probably break the game though, since he'd be a 99 in every stat category possible.

Also, I have a few fun stories about Joe Carter:

I was at the All-Star Game in KC in 2012 and saw Joe Carter roaming the concourse by himself. Nobody was bothering him, nobody even paid him any attention. It was like nobody even knew who he was. I nearly went up to him but I figured he might be enjoying being just a guy at a baseball game. Plus, I didn't want him to get bombarded by people if they suddenly realized who he was. Same goes with Mike Sweeney. He was just waltzing around the concourse with his wife and kid like some random guy.

Also, back in the late 80s, Wichita State used to have alumni games with Home Run Derby's prior to them. Joe Carter (who went to WSU) was mashing 30+ HRs in the Show for the Indians at that time and he rolled into town and participated in said HR Derby. With a metal bat. Guy was pelting houses across the street from the stadium.

Also, if you've never been to Eck Stadium, that's a mammoth shot:

Spoiler

That's an old picture, but it shows the houses nicely.

Last edited by BA2929; 02-11-2015 at 04:40 PM.