Old 02-13-2015, 12:55 PM   #3
volwalker
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football Games for the Playstation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I started playing the NCAA series with NCAA 98 on the PS1. I really got into the game with 99, thought it was the best game I had played to that point. When 2000 came out I was in college and we use to have weekly tournaments with that game, but never got much time playing dynasties with school and playing 2 sports. I got 01 but once again didn't get into it much other then our tournaments. By the time 02 came out I had a PS2 and was out of school so I played it a ton.

Overall the PS1 games are not much different then the PS2 games other then appearance. I do remember the PS1 games having FCS schools, I lost a 4 star QB to Norfolk State that still pisses me off. I think I remember a playoff option that could be turned on. You can edit roster because I use to name my own. I would go with 00 or 01 to get the best the PS1 had to offer.

I have one of the first PS3s that was backwards comparable with the older games, but I am not sure about the slim.
Thanks. I look forward to playing either 00 or 01. I don't expect the games to change my life but quite a few people on here seemed to really enjoy those games.

I am a master on 06. I am not bragging or anything, it's just when you play a game consistently for 10 years you tend to get good at it. I still play it and it will always be my favorite.

After reading comments from others on here praising the PS1 games it got me intrigued. I did find out that I can play PS1 games on my Slim but I need a PS1 memory card. Easy enough with Amazon.