View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 10:09 AM   #5
jyod21
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Players Leaving Early - NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
It seems that the better a player is, the less likely the are to leave. If you take a look at the entire NCAA at the Player Leaving screen, you almost never see any underclassmen declaring and projected higher than the 3rd round.

If I want a player to leave, I'll usually save after I complete the Coaching Carousel, but before advancing to Players Leaving. I'll then advance, see who transferred, then exit and reload the dynasty if the player I wanted to leave does not declare. It'll take a several tries (based on my experiences, I estimate the best players only have a 5-10% of declaring), but eventually the player will declare for Rounds 1 and 2.

Yesterday, thankfully, it only took me 5 tries before my 99 (RS) Jr QB declared, and as a bonus my top rated Jr receiver also left for the 2nd round. I'm excited that the new season presents more of a challenge now with only a starting FB and 2 starting OL coming back.

That's what I do right now, but after about 10-15 tries, I got tired of doing it as neither one of them had ever declared. I tried moving them down on the depth chart, and that still didn't work, but I never tried completely removing them from the depth chart. I'll try that next time.

I agree that it seems like the higher overall they are, the less likely they are to declare. That's just odd. It seems I always have high 80's Sophomores looking to declare, but never the actual elite guys. The QB I was originally talking about was basically John Elway. He was the number 1 overall recruit coming out of high school and a prototypical NFL franchise QB prospect . There is no way he wouldn't leave early, or at least test the waters to see where his stock is.

I wish that the majority of the prospects with an NFL shot would declare, and then it would be on the coach to convince them to come back, or let them pursue playing at the next level. It affects the realism. You rarely have to fully reload like a top tier team would in real life.

The link to the editor seems like it would work, but I'll need to take some time to really read through and make sure I understand what's going on. I was more or less looking to see if there was an in game quick fix that people used.

Last edited by jyod21; 02-18-2015 at 03:12 PM. Reason: adding
Advertisements - Register to remove