View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 07:25 PM   #4
ZN30
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Ever been fired in Dynasty Mode?

I use a primary coach, which is my "win, win, win" coach whose storyline is becoming the greatest. Every handful of seasons, I'll create a secondary coach to try something different--new offensive philosophy, play with lower rated teams, or just have a different storyline.

My current secondary coach just got fired as HC at Boise St after three season. I was experimenting with some house rules to make the game more difficult, i.e., can't recruit above your start rating, no scouting, etc. I played about half the games and simmed the rest during his first two seasons, going 7-6 and 6-7.

My upperclassmen and two recuiting classes must have been pretty bad, because I simmed the third season and Boise St ended up 0-12, leading to his firing.

I was actaully a little delighted by the result. I originally wanted this coach to have "struggling to succeed" storyline and he had had too much success in his first HC job at Western Michigan. So the 0-12 season put his career record under .500.

There was one or two low-level HC positions available for him after getting fired, but I had him sign on as DC at UTSA (now in the American) because I wanted to concentrate on my primary coach's new job for a couple season. There were no HC opportunities after his first season, so he's starting his 2nd year as UTSA's DC now. I'm debating whether his next move should be a HC position at a one-star school, or a DC in the SEC to build up an SEC program and give my primary coach more of a challenge, then take a mid-level HC job.