Old 02-18-2015, 02:07 PM   #4
jello1717
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA 14 Dynasty top 25 is broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
*Teams ranked high to start the season never drop to far when the lose. Saw a 0-4 LSU team ranked 21st because they started as the #2 ranked school.
This is generally only if you have good losses. Losing to a ranked team doesn't hurt much. Losing to unranked teams do. I've seen teams plummet from the top 10 to out of the rankings following a bad loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
*Beating a ranked team does not always weigh as much as it should.
Unless our opinions of how much it should weigh are drastically different, I whole heartedly disagree with this one. Beating ranked teams has a big effect on a team's ranking the next week. As I wrote above, losing also doesn't hurt nearly as much.

I'd bet that a lot of teams that you think the polls are favoring because they're traditional powers are losing to a lot of ranked teams. I don't think they're staying ranked because they're Miami. I think they're staying ranked because they're losing to ranked teams instead.

Here's an example from the current poll in week 8 of 2029.

5* Ole Miss (who won the SEC 2 of the last 3 years) dropped 15 spots because they lost to crappy Texas St. 4* Auburn (who has never won an SEC title in my dynasty) only dropped 3 spots because they lost to #1 Tennessee.

3* Illinois entered the top 25 by beating #10 Ohio while 5* (and consistent B1G powerhouse) Ohio dropped 8 spots for losing to an unranked Illinois.

Meanwhile, at the top of the polls, #1 Vanderbilt (who surprisingly enough is consistently one of the top 2-3 teams in the East) picked up their 1st loss and plummeted 9 spots because they lost to an unranked Virginia Tech.
At the same time #4 Arizona State (a 2* school mediocre @ best school in the Pac12-W) only dropped 4 spots w/ their 1st loss because they lost to a ranked Miami team.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0040.jpg (618.7 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0039.jpg (598.5 KB, 157 views)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings