View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 06:42 PM   #228
capa
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I don't blame you. Holy smokes this was quite the project! If only Madden could figure out how to transfer rosters from year to year. If say next year's edition could implement this going forward to 17, you would have to give it one more go for pete sakes

I remember being in an APF league with a bunch of guys on this board a few years back. John Brodie was a God to many guys in the league. He was a bronze player but just had an it factor. I can't really even remember the particulars, but I can remember tying to play with him and he would do nothing for me. Other guys, he was like a super gold. So how can you replicate that!
LOL...well...I don't think I will undertake this next year so EA better offer year to year transfer starting in Sept!

Rating players is an art more than a science. I mean, when you try to rate fullbacks so that they will be good run and pass blockers, you almost always end up with a 99 rated guy. So, if people look at ratings and say "this is screwed up...he has all these FBs rated at 99", well...there is nothing you can really do about that if you want them to play and act like fullbacks! Same holds true for Tight Ends who we all know are just beasts in this game. You want a QB that has a little speed and some agility, well the editor will make him a scrambler more times than not even if the guy was really a pocket passer. It's crazy.

Tweaking of ratings can and should be done, but sometimes EA has you in a lose-lose situation with the editor...

C