View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 09:12 AM   #1204
picker19
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Josh, I tested out your latest V6 with Steeler2206's small tweaks over two games, and overall the results were very promising. Mind you, I play Coach Mode, which I think is good since it removes various human skill levels and errors, so I matched both USER and CPU to the CPU settings. Only thing I did was call my own plays. Also, this is with a Year 3 Bengals franchise that I've built up pretty well, so my team's overall grade is 91, I think. I played against the Browns and Cowboys.

QB Accuracy
This was very varied, which was great. Dalton averaged 65% and Manziel and Romo had 73% and 61%, respectively. What I loved to see was several deep passes attempted in both games and the varied outcomes. A couple were batted down by jumping CBs. A couple were INTs, and a few completed due to jumping/diving WRs. Even a very old, slow Witten dove into the end zone to complete a 30+ yard catch. That's the good. The only bad I saw is that there were a lot of throws into the backs of the OL. It happened several times total in both games.

Sacks
While it's only two games, results were promising. Dalton had 2 sacks in each game and Manziel and Romo had 3 and 4 sacks, respectively. Considering I have a monster, pass-rushing DL and Manziel likes to run around a lot, I was happy with the results. Also, a couple of those sacks against the CPU came when the CPU was trying to catch up in the final 2 minutes with deep throws. QBs definitely tried to get rid of the ball, and I didn't see any ridiculous running around or running straight forward into the DL.

Overall Passing Game
Dalton threw for 7 TDs and 2 INTs and Manziel and Romo threw for a combined 2 TDs and 3 INTs. Dalton averaged 311 ypg and the CPU QBs averaged 263 ypg. As you can see, even though I had the same sliders and played in Coach Mode, the USER was much better in the passing game.

Drops
I like to see a few total drops per game, but there were only 3 total in two games. The CPU had 0 and I had 3 in one game and 0 in another. I thought there could have been a few more drops overall.

Run Game
This was touch and go. Again, the USER did better than the CPU, even though I went up against Murray. With Bernard I averaged 106 ypg and 6 ypc. CPU averaged 69 ypg and 3.6 ypc. Bernard had one 70+ yard run, so that needs to be taken into account. Without it, the stats would be a little more even. There were a lot of runs where the RB would just run into the back of the center and just stay there and eventually get hit for a loss. But then I'd see a few broken tackles and a good run up the middle. I want to test this out more over a couple more games.

Fumbles
This was my biggest complaint. There were none. Not even one forced fumble by anyone. I don't know if this is because Face Mask is low (I've read some people believe higher Face Mask = more fumbles) or because Tackle is low or a combination, but this issue definitely stood out.

Tackling
Only concern I had is some instances where small guys were breaking multiple tackles. For instance, I have a tiny route-running WR that broke three tackles after catching a short pass. Also, I'm not sure how the stat is tracked, but all starting RBs each only had 1 broken tackle per game on the stat sheet. According to the sim engine I tracked over two years, starting RBs typically average 2 BTKs a game and the really good ones, like Lynch, average 3-4 BTKs a game. Not a major concern, but it's interesting to see a tiny WR break free multiple times, but a great RB like Murray only break 1 tackle (again, according to the stat sheet...not sure what constitutes a broken tackle to the game).

Pass Defense
Two things here...coverage and deflections. USER D had 5 deflections in two games (on top of 3 INTs), so 8 total "touches" if you will. CPU only had 1 deflection and 2 INTs for a total of 3 touches. Was hoping to see a few more from the CPU...again, not sure why, since sliders are matched and I play coach mode. Regarding coverage, my opinion is mixed. The high DPI helps pass coverage aggression and improves coverage overall, but the lower Pass Coverage slider introduced a number of instances where there was a lot of separation. In other words, I'd like to see more consistent better coverage, but I know from experience that better coverage leads to more sacks/less deep throws. Provided comp % were in line and there was a combo of deep passes, INTs, and deflections, this may be a good spot to have it at.

In the end, I whipped both teams. I averaged 41 points and the CPU averaged only 18. Overall, I loved how the games played, but I was hoping I'd be challenged more. I'm going to test these sliders out for a couple more games and let you know if I see anything different (or the same). But like I said before, these are really good. If I could see more fumbles and a bit more of a challenge from the CPU, I'd say these were perfect.