View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 06:17 PM   #22
takemejoehome
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Recapping the First Full Game Stream (Pirates vs. Cubs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
Interface
• You can now check your pitcher's energy while you are batting by pressing the d-pad. This will make it easier to decide whether or not to pinch-hit for a tired pitcher

You know one thing I wish they would do instead of just having an energy number would be to take something from an old game I used to play called Earl Weaver Baseball. To get an idea, beyond performance, of how a pitcher was doing you would do a mound visit. A window would pop up and you'd get a line from both the pitcher and catcher about how they felt. For example one I remember vividly. Pitcher: Arm Feels great. Catcher: He's got good stuff. But sometimes you'd get the pitcher saying he could fight through and the catcher saying he was done. It was really cool without just breaking it down to a number.

I would enjoy something like that a little more ambiguous. You would likely be able to check it while batting because the pitcher would be in the dugout.

Looking forward to this game on the PS4 this year. My first Show on the PS4.

Only thing I wish is you could pinch head ahead of time, am I correct in saying that you can can't pinch hit hafway through a AB? well on the Show I have always been able to pinch hit someone that might be 0-2 in the count and bring someone else in, that play I pretty sure is illegal to do