View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 11:06 AM   #451
tnixen
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
When MLB 12 first introduced Broadcast Presentation I was so excited to see that they were making strives each year to revamp and freshen up the presentation experience but it seems like they have gone into neutral over the last 2 years in this department which is a real shame

Improvements to commentary is a step in the right direction and the score bug in 15 is a thing of beauty and made me so excited to see what other awesome new presentations were added but after seeing the video I was very disappointed to see that they basically recycled the broadcast presentation from 14 including the exact same intro and music which is a total letdown

Broadcast networks like ESPN, FOX and MLB Network revamp their broadcast presentation and intros every season to keep things fresh because they know that these things are important to viewers and the show should take the same approach for the gamers that like all the presentation bells and whistles of a broadcast to be new each year

At the very least we should be treated to a new broadcast intro every year
Honestly I don't really even need a new broadcast presentation "Every Year" I am sure that would be way to much work for the developers and take away from other areas of the game. However I think after about 10 years of basically the same exact broadcast presentation minus a few tweaks here and there it's about time for a HUGE maker over. The MLB The Show developers are the best in the business and I know in my heart they are very capable of creating a brand new broadcast presentation that would blow away that other baseball video game that a lot of us always refer to. I think I said this before but when I load up a game of MLB The Show I want the broadcast presentation to be so darn good that I could trick people into thinking I have on a real life baseball game on like ESPN, Fox, TBS or whatever.

I would even bet that most of the MLB The Show developers would agree that the broadcast presentation is in need of a major overhaul. But the problem is there are so many other areas of the game that also need improving and I have a feeling those areas are much more important to the developers then the broadcast presentation is. We all have a right to have our own opinions as to what would improve MLB The Show but for me and a lot of us it's the broadcast presentation that if overhauled would bring new life into the game. I am still going to buy MLB 15 The Show and 16,17 and so on because basically it's the only game I play and for good reason because it's just plays a fantastic game of baseball. But it would be great if one of these years I pop in the game and I am introduced to a spectacular fresh and exciting new "TV Style" broadcast presentation

And I also agree that new scorebug is indeed a thing of beauty!

Last edited by tnixen; 02-23-2015 at 11:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove