View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 03:00 PM   #1
RaychelSnr
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
The Top Sports Video Games of All Time (Video/Part One)

Our friend Jake Berger is creating a new series counting down the 25 best sports-games of all time. Be sure to watch his videos and leave your feedback on if you agree or not!

Sports games have forever been in great demand.

Such demand has historically been filled by publishers seeking to provide gamers with a virtual representation of their favorite sports. Of course, this representation often comes in many flavors, the wide-ranging tastes of the sports gaming public have permitted experimentation regarding sports game development over the years.

The results of such experimentation have yielded two general forms of sports games: simulation and arcade. Both represent a developer’s attempt to replicate a particular sport with varying degrees of authenticity. But striking a balance between realism and fun has proven quite difficult.

While developers on the whole have attempted to cater to a diverse set of sports gaming desires, relatively few have been successful. So today I welcome you to aid me as I venture forth in the hopes of discovering the 25 greatest sports game of all time.

Before we set sail, know that the games on this list are ranked according to their critical reception, general fan perception, influence on future sports titles, and of course, a dash of personal preference.
And now, let’s begin our voyage, and cruise through the countdown with part one.
Advertisements - Register to remove