Old 03-05-2015, 07:30 PM   #10
MrOldboy
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Anticipated Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
directional hitting definitely is a step in the right direction but it feels like too much of a guessing game. have you seen how pro yakyuu spirits hitting works? it is incredible. http://youtu.be/yu5YStaUlSg?t=5m40s
From playing Pro Yakyuu it feels like a modified zone with auto-aiming. The batting cursor is much smaller, but it feels as if it sucks the cursor towards the pitch. I'm sure there were difficulty settings I missed, but I never really got it to where I wanted it. The Pawapuro and MLB Power Pros had similar hitting (Konami after all). I like the hitting in Pro Yakyuu, but it feels similar to Zone, just easier to make contact due to the cursor speed I feel. In The Show you often overshoot where you want to aim due to the sensitivity of the Zone cursor.

Actually my ideal control scheme would be the new directional hitting + Zone. I hope they try and revisit this again next year, but some combination of aiming a cursor and also having extra influence on which direction to hit the ball would be my ideal choice. I want the difficulty of zone, but I also would like to set my influence before the pitch.