Old 03-12-2015, 12:54 AM   #17
CaseIH
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour Moved to June?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Yeah, that looked....not promising. I think we can pretty much forget about a serious sim game at this point.

That will never happen. But luckily, golf is one of the few sports where an official license matters the least IMO. Don't get me wrong, the license only adds value when done right, but it's not the same as an unlicensed football or basketball game, which are pretty much DOA. Some of the all time greats like "Links" and "Jack Nicklaus" never had PGA licenses, and I never really noticed. At least there is some competition in the genre now, so there's somewhere else to get your sim golf fix. But it is disappointing that the only official PGA Tour game is looking pretty arcadey...

While Im more of a basketball, baseball, and football guy, Id actually would be fine if there was a good unofficial license game of 1 of those sports, and if it played well I would play it a lot. But with Golf I just cant get into it if the real golfers are in the game, and I wont buy a golf game if it doesn't have the real golfers.

Really hope were wrong, and EA puts out a true simulation of golf. Im fine if they want to put in a arcade mode, as long as its not all arcade, and there is a true sim mode in the game, like it has been in the past. Nothing wrong with trying to broaden the scope of people who would buy the game.

Maybe Im in the minority but I really enjoyed the last 2 version of EA's golf game on my PS3, and those were also the 1st ones I had ever bought. Really hoped when they decided to bring back the Golf Franchise they would just build off of what they had done on the old consoles.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts