View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 10:31 AM   #18
Seymour Scagnetti
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour Moved to June?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
While Im more of a basketball, baseball, and football guy, Id actually would be fine if there was a good unofficial license game of 1 of those sports, and if it played well I would play it a lot. But with Golf I just cant get into it if the real golfers are in the game, and I wont buy a golf game if it doesn't have the real golfers.

Really hope were wrong, and EA puts out a true simulation of golf. Im fine if they want to put in a arcade mode, as long as its not all arcade, and there is a true sim mode in the game, like it has been in the past. Nothing wrong with trying to broaden the scope of people who would buy the game.

Maybe Im in the minority but I really enjoyed the last 2 version of EA's golf game on my PS3, and those were also the 1st ones I had ever bought. Really hoped when they decided to bring back the Golf Franchise they would just build off of what they had done on the old consoles.
TW14 was a very good Sim game on the hardest mode and the best golf game EA ever made. Not sure where people are getting that its become arcadey. Actually has strayed from that in the last few versions. I think the fact there were so my bugs in the last game turned people off.

That initial trailer wasn't the best to use to attract sim guys but I don't think it will be pure arcade. They will have enough to attract both sides of the fence. As long as they don't go bare bones with this release, which happens often with initial next gen releases, then this game should be pretty good. The bugs should be gone since they are using a new graphics engine. With 2 years of preparation and next gen graphics, they should at the very least be ramping up the presentation, career mode and commentary to get some immersion in this game which has been sorely lacking. And if there is no Augusta in this game, they need a selling point somewhere else.

If they give us a game that has that "oh just be happy you have shiny new next gen graphics" feel to it and not much else then this may be the last edition.