View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 02:55 PM   #125
bcruise
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Exactly. I stretch and toss a guy an inning before I even think about putting him in the game. See how my starter does his first batter of the next inning. If he gives up a hit, or walk I then warm up that same pitcher and it takes one batter and a mound visit plus maybe some warm up pitches on the mound when he enters the game (which I do anyway) to get him fully warm.

If my pitcher is doing well....I check him again and if he is almost or fully warm..."ready and waiting" is my next toggle for him.
I like all of those options, but I tend to be kinda picky on what I use when playing vs. the CPU. I'm pretty sure I've never seen it use either of those options no matter how long a pitcher warms up for, so I don't really use them either. And I have seen the CPU bring in a pitcher completely cold before, too (it's kind of obvious in quick game mode because they'll come in with significantly less than a full green bar of stamina).

It's basically just dumbing down my own game to match the AI's capabilities, but I feel like it's the only fair thing to do. YMMV
Advertisements - Register to remove