Old 03-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #25
HypoLuxa13
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Implementing a Better Spring Training in MLB: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoamgreen
Big thumbs up on more realistic subs and non-roster invitees.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like I remember players accumulating service time during ST games (which would be inaccurate). Also correct me on this, but doesn't demoting a guy during ST also use an option when it shouldn't? I remember the first year I played The Show, I let the CPU auto-select my roster at the end of ST and half my players ended up lost to the waiver wire. And more recently, I remember getting out of options warning when trying to demote my AAAA guys who weren't on the 25-man. I didn't get a chance to play franchise in '14 much so maybe these are moot points or I'm misremembering!
A good description of "options":
Quote:
How does "optioning" work?
Generally, after 3 pro seasons, a player must be protected on a club’s 40-man roster or he becomes eligible for the Rule 5 draft. Once a player is added to a club’s 40-man roster, the club then 3 available option years during which they can place him on “optional assignment” to a minor league club. A player can be sent up and down as many times as the club so chooses within those three seasons. Once a player is “out of options”, he must clear “waivers” in order to be sent down again.
- If a player is not sent to the minors during a year, an option is not used.
- If a player is on the 40-man roster in spring training but optioned to the minors before the season is underway, an option is used.
- If an assignment in the minors lasts 20 days, an option is not used.
Advertisements - Register to remove