Old 03-13-2015, 09:23 PM   #20
CaseIH
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour Moved to June?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
TW14 was a very good Sim game on the hardest mode and the best golf game EA ever made. Not sure where people are getting that its become arcadey. Actually has strayed from that in the last few versions. I think the fact there were so my bugs in the last game turned people off.

That initial trailer wasn't the best to use to attract sim guys but I don't think it will be pure arcade. They will have enough to attract both sides of the fence. As long as they don't go bare bones with this release, which happens often with initial next gen releases, then this game should be pretty good. The bugs should be gone since they are using a new graphics engine. With 2 years of preparation and next gen graphics, they should at the very least be ramping up the presentation, career mode and commentary to get some immersion in this game which has been sorely lacking. And if there is no Augusta in this game, they need a selling point somewhere else.

If they give us a game that has that "oh just be happy you have shiny new next gen graphics" feel to it and not much else then this may be the last edition.

I agree, that wasn't a very good 1st vid to show off the game, to the diehard golf gamers out there. After seeing that I wont be buying day 1, and I had planned on reserving my copy when I went to pick up MLBTS15, but after seeing that it does have me concerned somewhat that it may be more arcade than sim.

I know with that 1st game on a console sometimes, they are somewhat bare bones, but you would think as long as they have had to make it for the new consoles, that they would be putting out a great game, but it is EA, and any of us that have bought there football and basketball games over the years knows they are pretty good at screwing things up, along with having trouble always being honest.

I hope they surprise me and its a improved version of the last Golf game on the old consoles.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts