Old 03-17-2015, 07:59 PM   #1416
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk1317
I had 27 carriers with matt forte(CFM game), for 121 yards, and a 4.5 average... but my long was only 10 yards. Any play with a pulling linemanh I had to stop calling, so that left me calling a lot of zone and iso runs. One thing I liked about the pass reaction time being lower, the cover 4 safeties reacted just as they should. Madden has the flat foot read just as it should be for the safeties, but there really isn't a true run/pass key... so even if #2 run blocks, they will still retreat 4-5 yards, and this is after the game "shows" the proper flat foot read by the safeties, make that non-read. I would like to base out of quarters coverage, because that(in real life at least) is the only way to get 9 guys in the box versus the run, and still be able to safely handle vertical routes. You and I live in the heart of Big Ten country, so we saw what chris ash did this past year with quarters coverage for the buckeyes, and we've seen pat narduzzi of michigan state(thank god he took the HC job at pitt) have one of the most dominate defenses in all of college football with cover 4 as his base defense. At the nfl level, the vic fangio lead niners D based out of quarters and were a total terror to deal with. The only thing I can think of...lower the reaction time slider, increase run blocking and lower pass coverage, but I would have to do it without getting the defensive A.D.D./frozen player pass coverage you described. Any ideas? Or should I just hope ea/tiburon can actually fix the amazingly broken defense in madden? That's so funny, this was SUPPOSEDLY the year for defense in madden, so I doubt we will see improvements on the defensive side of the ball. Sadly, I blame this arcade game we get year in and year out on tourney players... they need their exploits, like the amazingly OP power runs and traps we have this year, and the coverages are still totally wrong, and that's another must for tourney players to exploit!!! The good folks at Inept Sports, I mean EA Sports, my bad... give us 2 versions of the same damn zone, the curl/flat zone, and neither one is programmed properly... and flat zones differ from coverage to coverage... we need true route recognition and pattern reads. Ok, i'm done venting lol
Great post....a couple of comments:

1. Were you still having issues on the "pulling linemen" plays with KRI at 33? That has been my biggest peeve thus far. The trick is to balance the sliders without making the up-the-gut calls money plays.
2. The run/pass key....I agree. Another poster commented about the lack of "biting" on PA passes. I think this is a symptom of of your comment about the safeties not keying on run plays. I am 99% sure this is because the pass reaction slider is balanced at 50 (it's actually too balanced and team tendencies - i.e. coaching sliders, aren't compensating).

So.....your theory of lowering both pass reaction and pass coverage would logically make sense. The lower pass reaction slider would key the defenders towards the run, the lower pass coverage slider would get the DBs more into man coverage and would probably help immensely on the outside runs (but, we might make the already atrocious DB reactions for the user team even worse). I used pass coverage settings in the 20-25 range for quite a while - go below 20 and outside runs get easy. I don't remember too much ADD from the DBs as long as things were kept above 20....but that was awhile ago.

I'm going to toy around with a couple of things over the next couple of days.