View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 11:01 AM   #6
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details

I am a baseball player and travel coach first and foremost. With that angle it is so easy for me to appreciate MLB The Show year in and year out. Because on the field they have consistently out done the previous version with so many little things.

1. Ball physics - The single most important and evolving feature IMO. The game has felt more and more real to me because of the way the ball behaves. It looks and feels very realistic. I play ball almost every day (yeah still do it oh my aching muscles!). This part of the game keeps me coming back for more. Hit variety has gotten better and better since MLB 11 and then on 12 with the introduction of ball physics 1.0

2. Batter/Pitcher showdown - the heart and soul of any console baseball game. MLB The Show nailed this and continues to nail this aspect. Baseball is the ultimate game of anticipation. Nothing is better than facing down a big stick and getting them to chase a pitch low and away for a huge strike out. Nothing get's me more pumped than than having my best hitter at the plate, down 0-2 in the count and working it back to 3-2 and then launching a HR into the bleachers. This part of the game is supreme. No game does it better than The Show.

3. Atmosphere - every year it's get's better and better and better.

4. Controls/interfaces/options - The ultimate game of options and finding a combo you love to play with. Is there any sports game that has built upon their foundation of control options like The Show?

This season we are getting a host of franchise improvements with the trade finder, contract handbook, radio show, better broadcast aspects, well over a 1000 new lines of play by play, GM goals...they keep making an already rich and deep franchise mode even better.

In a nutshell this team understands how to keep it's core intact and build out a game. Adding layers to already successful layers. Great communication and responsiveness to their hard core fans. What more could you want. Well OK...closing roofs and historical stats (important aspects of baseball big time)....and I know we will get it all this console cycle. I know they will keep enhancing and improving an already AAA title.

12 more days!!!!
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword