Old 03-19-2015, 05:11 PM   #458
stillfeelme
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I was just thinking...has anyone thought that the change to shooting percentages and number of green releases was to compensate for the broken jumpers in this game? Being an online Pacers users, I was basically doomed to poor offensive games no matter how well I knew release points and how often I created open shots, because I couldn't get a green release to save my life. Some of you who are complaining about easy shooting were already using maxed out my career players, powerhouse online teams, and My Team which are basically teams of all-star players.

Some teams were unusable in online ranked games due broken shot releases. I spent hours upon hours in the practice mode trying to learn the releases of players, and the player that I use the most for open jumpers is Rudez and Scola. That's a damn shame and crime that I have to rely on bench players to take the final shot just because they're easier to use.

Personally, if this patch allows me to use George Hill, Stuckey, Watson, and Copeland as my 3PT threats and David West's pick and pop game (as it should be) PLUS give me better tools to play defense, then I'm all for this patch.

Real talk, the other game has this same "problem" of "easy" shooting, but I'm having fun though. I can play strong defense while making my opponent pay for lazy defense with open jumpers or a methodical offensive game. I want to do the same in this game like I did in NBA 2K11 for online ranked games.
You are partially right. They increased the open % and they fixed all the glitched shots If you combine both of these you should shoot better because you will see more perfect releases than you would have before, especially if you run plays and play to the strength of your team. They really overcompensated on shooting giving players a field goal percentage that they don't even shoot.

All the users who were having competitive games against the CPU at say SS/Sim are basically coming back and saying SS/Sim is too easy from what I read as far as shooting. I have heard people say they now have to guard players they didn't have to before because of the new open bonus.

I already knew shooting would be easier once they fixed the glitch shots because I was able to do that on my own by fixing shots in the roster prior to 2K fixing the shots after this patch. So all the people that play SS/Sim will have to adjust sliders offline to find a competitive balance offline against the CPU or go to Real FG% or try HOF sim

I have never ever been a real FG% player but that might have to be an option for me.