View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 07:28 PM   #490
eko718
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxPHANTOM
That's exactly the point. Offline and online are two different gameplay experiences. You can't act like they are the same and fix both of them when offline didn't need to be fixed with perfect releases. Pre-patch any offline user that complained shots were too difficult had sliders to up their shooting percentage. Now people are struggling to lower them.
NBA 2K15 was the perfect basketball simulation in my opinion (offline) with the third patch. This 4th patch has ruined my experience, as I play offline most often. There has to be some way to apply certain patches STRICTLY to online play and if there isn't currently, I really hope the dev's can figure out a way to do so ASAP. It is frustrating to have a game play perfectly(for offline players at least) one day, and then the next day be forced to download a patch that completely changes this... an offline player, in cases such as this, experiences none of the benefit, just the annoyance. It is not always as simple as adjusting sliders when hard coded aspects of the game are altered... the sliders cannot always adequately compensate for the changes; especially those which impact the AI.

This seems to be the principal issue year after year with patches and requests to alter gameplay; Online players want one thing, Offline another. They are two different experience and addressing an issue in one often creates an issue in the other. Each seem to get what they want for a few months, then it goes the other way. There has to be some alternative.