View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 04:08 PM   #1567
Von Dozier
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Finished my first game with the newest set, Raiders (me) vs Jets, lost 10-16.

HUM run game felt alright (was using a 72ovr RB in a pistol offense). I got big runs, medium runs, and sometimes I just got stuffed. So good variety there. This vs a Jets D-line where the starters were around 95ovr.

CPU run game killed me though, Ivory and Johnson averaged around 5.5-6ypc. My D-line is pretty decent, and the Jets O-line has some holes at guard, yet they tore me right open whenever they needed to up the gut. By the time I got off the block the RB was already about 4 yards up the gut.

Which also reminds me, my pass rushing wasn't very good either. Geno had all day to kinda stand around. So overall, in this game, my D-line was just really weak. Couldn't get any push vs run or pass.

I went 12-30, 150yds, 2int passing. Jets were rushing me pretty good, and the coverage was good, so it kinda made it hard to do much at all.

Of course, we'll see how it plays out after a few more games.

And a question, why the reason for 13 minute quarters? After this game, I got ranked once again in that very common place, top 5 in defense and bottom 5 in offense. I'm thinking though, stretching the quarters out to full to maybe help alleviate this a bit? It'd atleast let the teams get 1 or 2 more possessions to gain some yardage.