Old 03-26-2015, 07:28 PM   #1594
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Played another game with IG = 75. Played against a very bad Josh Freeman, and I only sacked him once, even though I have a 90+ rated DL who are all pass rushers. Also, saw a few more deep throws, which was good. I may even lower it down a bit after more testing. But I must note that I play coach mode, so that may be a factor.

A few other points, for what it's worth...

At this point, the only thing that I'm not seeing with the latest set are deflections. It's my biggest frustration. After three games, I've only seen a total of 6 deflections. However, I'm also seeing 2-3 INTs/game so far. The way I look at it, I want to see at least 3-5 "touches" (INTs and deflections) per team each game by the D. So far, I'm only averaging 2. Now, I used to play your set with PCV = 50, and I saw more deflections...averaging a total of 4/game. But now that you increased PRT, I'm not sure which slider I should be fiddling with...PCV or PRT. So, if you have any thoughts there, would appreciate it.

Since I'm playing coach mode, I have RBK set at 30 for both and RTK at 50, and I'm seeing very diverse run games, which is great. The only thing I may do is increase TKL a little. I see way too many BTKs by little RBs and WRs against top-notch LBs. And not just the elusive BTKs, but speedy RBs trucking through 90+ rated MLBs, for instance. My RB is so far averaging 4 BTKs a game on that stats sheet, and while he's a very good 90+ speed back, the only backs I see with that many BTKs a game via the sim engine are the big power runners like Lynch. Definitely need more testing though. 3 games is not enough.

I've only seen a total of 2 forced fumbles in 3 games. Nothing I'm worried about...easy enough to adjust that with the FUM slider, but I'm keeping my eye on it.

Finally, I've raised QBA to 6, and I'm getting good results with everyone staying in the 60s. I may even increase it another point, only because the sim engine inflates comp %. I've built up my QB with all 90s in accuracy, and even at 6 he's averaging 65%. So if I want to make it more like the sim engine results, for his skill level, I need to get him up into the high 60s.
So....you raised QBA....which would be why you can get by with a lower IG....as for the extreme issues with the run game....drop the run block back down....that is likely the culprit...I know you're on coach mode....but the way All Madden is set-up, I think you'd have to make too many adjustments to make Coach Mode work here. I'd recommend trying this as a Pure All Pro set for coach mode and then adjust....All Madden is too wacky to get the CPU players playing the same way for a coach mode set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Josh, just to better educate me on the PRT slider, you were recently going with PRT = 95, but your latest set has it at 70. What made you lower it so much? You sounded excited about it being at 95, but I didn't see any post on what you saw that made you bring it down to 70. Just very interested in what you saw.
There are a lot of reasons....part of it being the overall balance of the set. The big issue with PRT at 95 was that I was seeing some very iffy behavior by the DBs where they were over-reactive for no reason.

An example is on one play where a WR was streaking down the field against zone coverage. The deep safety was to the left and further downfield of the WR...all the safety had to do was move to his left (the WRs right) and he'd have the deep pass covered. What did he do? He ran off full speed to his right, further away from the WR...I guess there was a sale on hot dogs in the stands or something.

If you ever played NCAA 13, you would've heard of the 'DB Glitch'...this was eerily reminiscent and happened on several occasions. The pass reaction was just flat out too high.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 03-26-2015 at 07:32 PM.