Coach2K
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K15: Fixing Broken Shot Forms Exposes Flaw in Shooting System

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustaGame
Uhh, yeah.

I can't tell if this is a serious question or not, but it really doesn't matter because most people use real-player shooting forms, not to mention the latest patch fixed all the releases that weren't able to achieve a perfect release. And really, all that is beside the point, it doesn't even matter what shot you're using, all that matters is what I've said before. If you don't buy that, then you'll be sorely mistaken time and time again after watching some nobody drop 60 points and not step inside the 3-point line.
It makes a difference because people will naturally choose the easiest shot releases when creating their guy. I think I've even seen threads here on OS that discuss which ones are easiest because why knock yourself out trying to perfect a difficult release when you don't have to.

Before the patch, there were shooters I could take into practice mode and notch a perfect release the first shot with no practice. Meanwhile, I could shoot with guys on my Pacers and shoot all year and never hit one.

Even Kyle Korver, one of the best shooters today, sucked just because of the release assigned to him.

That wasn't really fair either.

After the patch, you can get greens with everyone but there are still "easy shooters" and guys that are not as easy but you can still get green with them.

This has always been a problem in 2K. Easy shot releases make guys great shooters and ratings are secondary and the release overrides everything and I'm guessing these guys in the rec area are also rated up which is a double whammy.

When you play a regular roster game of two NBA 2K teams, you have to deal with what you are given and you don't have a choice. Guys aren't all rated up with easy releases in effect gaming the system. The stats I posted earlier in the thread give actual game data showing the percentages that we are experiencing and they aren't far off from real life which is what we are shooting for.

Not sure what the difficulty is in that rec league area and I haven't seen any stats but I'm assuming that it's lower than HOF sim and would also make things easier because it's not the hardest level.

If you fix your rec league problem though then it makes it worse for us who are basically playing with the guys dealt to us on the teams we are using with a wide array of releases. That also means we have to time 8 to 12 people and not just one.

Maybe if they are available you can post some post game stats here so we can see what is happening over there.

I'm not defending the rec area results. I haven't played in there. But you can't expect realistic results from an unrealistic setup if I am understanding how the area works correctly.

I can only share with you numbers we have in league play and why they are important to us.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 03-26-2015 at 09:22 PM.