Old 03-29-2015, 07:31 PM   #1618
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuck
Hi, guys. First off, thanks for the sliders, Josh, and to you and everyone for the research, feedback and insight into your games.

Second, I'm on spring break back home now and have been enjoying my Madden on PS4 this past week like never before. After trying out probably 4 or 5 of the highest rated sliders on this forum, I think this is the one.

I really, really like the newest adjustments myself too. I think I may have played my best 2 games of Madden tonight with the new set.

Please note that the observations below are off the top of my head as I was playing using the new set before checking back here tonight and seeing your new post.

I am currently in my second season with the Saints, my defensive overall rating is 92 and having just won the Super Bowl, most of the players that I retained rate very high in terms of confidence.

Tonight I had lined up two divisional games one after the other that played out to be two thrilling contests: Falcons first, Panthers second.

The Falcons game: Matt Ryan seemed to be playing like his real life counterpart, ending with a 75% completion percentage on more than 30 passes, while I got 4 sacks where it felt more like I outschemed their line rather than him holding on to the ball more. I tried many slider sets recently and sacks looked ridiculous 90% of the time. This time around, none of them felt wrong and it felt rewarding bringing him down. He tried the long ball a few times and the receivers (due to the OPI/DPI adjs. I think) seemed to make an effort to go low for the ball and stretch more so than before on passes that were not thrown on the body (Jones stumbling after catching a short pass thrown very low before being met up by Browner, Vaccaro and Byrd all at the same time might be the catch and hit animation I have seen so far in this game). Lost the game against a 0-2 Falcons team that destroyed my defense.

The Panthers game: For some reason, their somewhat mediocre receiving corps kept getting behind my two safety looks and I was very surprised that Cam Newton tried A LOT of deep balls, burning me once just before halftime on a hail mary pass (I was in a 3 deep formation - probably should play prevent on hail mary's from now on) that ended up on the 1 yard line (had great stats going for me in the game up to that point). Second half, Hakeem Nicks beat me again deep with Byrd up top and Keenan Lewis in coverage that couldn't seem to keep up with him all game long, and the pass was perfect and in stride. Again, no hesitation whatsoever and Cam Newton seemed like an aggressive cat attacking me wherever my defensive backs fell short. He ended up scrambling for close to 60 yards, again without holding on to the ball much before deciding what to do (felt like a high awareness, confident quarterback attacking my defense). Ended with 5 sacks on him, where mostly my line did not give him a chance to locate any receiver. I think it might have been one of them, when they were down a few points with not that much time left on the clock where he ended up being sacked and looked like he didn't know what to do, although I feel like that happens sometimes in games too with younger QB's. So I wouldn't say it didn't feel right. Won the game 29-21 against a stout running D.

Stray observations:

*With the new set, I can't seem to run the ball at all. I usually go into any game with a philosophy of having a balanced attack, and sometimes get more than 120-130 yards rushing per game while also constantly throwing for 250-300 (it's Drew Brees, after all). Result is I'm passing close to 50 times a game these past few times, but the way my line blocks right now is really testing my patience.

*I may be too aggressive with my total control passing and sometimes the ball goes off the line a lot. I feel like on a sharp day, I get 55-57% completion percentage with Drew Brees and I rarely go over 6 YPA. I am thinking of maybe making a better effort of refining my QB play, but I also want to stay aggressive and sort of mirror real life Drew's attacking, yet very accurate style. Do you feel like maybe bumping Player QBA up to 9-10 or maybe even 12 would affect my games in a negative way?

*My DB's, when sometimes thrown into the direction of, with no receiver in sight, do not react to the ball at all and it felt weird one or two times with them literally staring at the ball coming at them with a good 10 yards between the passer and themselves. I have no idea how we could fix that though.

One more thing, which gave me chills while playing and I feel is a direct result of the new adjustments. For the first time, my games felt like they had momentum. I can't really describe it in words, but it felt at times that my team was down and was being just pounded into the cords, while some others times it seemed like I could fix the running game with just a bit more patience (to no avail, after a few costly mistakes by Mark Ingram). I couldn't believe my games had this sort of depth. I was feeling the flow of the game and it was nothing short of amazing.

That's it from me for now. Can't thank you enough again, and everyone contributing that has made me decide that I should create an account and give my feedback too.

Thanks!
Awesome post!! Thank you for the feedback.

I agree that the run game is a bit of a bear here....you have to have a good line and have to keep trying to run. If you're still struggling to run the ball (and IF it doesn't jive with the ratings)....try bumping up the Human RBK to 20. That should help not only the run game, but I suspect will give your passing game a boost too. I would not recommend bumping up the Human QBA right now....this 'house of cards' is rather fragile and even the slightest adjustment could throw it completely out of whack