Old 03-30-2015, 11:59 PM   #1632
dsk1317
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
For any of you planning on creating slider sets….yesterday’s changes were the prime example of how things can spin out of control very quickly as one change can quickly spawn a multitude of others. A laundry list of issues:

• CPU completion % is too high
  • CPU QB play is, for lack of a better word, strange
  • CPU run game may be a bit strong
  • Human run game is too hard (for pro style)
  • Human run game is too easy (for pistol/spread)

What spurred this whole sequence of events was my concern (based on minimal evidence) that the defenders may not react quite fast enough to get pass deflections, so I raised PCI. Well, the raised PCI upset the lineplay balance (causing CPU QB issues and likely, pursuit angle issues making the pistol/spread too strong), so I had to raise the Hum RBK and lower offsides (which exacerbated the other issues). The one change to PCI started getting everything off balance and coupled with the raised WRC sliders, things were just out-of-whack (albeit, it sounds like people were still having some good games).

So basically, every aspect of the game has some issue. The issues didn’t crop up due to the OPI/DPI change; they cropped up due to other changes I made based on what I thought might be needed. That was my mistake as I violated slider rule number 1: make changes based on evidence, not theory. So, instead of making more changes that will likely make things worse….we’re going to do a ‘hard reset’ back to where we were before the changes – with the exception of the OPI/DPI change to 90/85.

So, the changes will be made as follows:

Offsides: 40
PCI: 35
WRC: 45/45
Human RBK: 5

I want to evaluate nothing but the OPI/DPI effect on the pass game….we’ll see how this goes. If we start seeing issues with too much separation; we can consider bumping up threshold a bit (which honestly, I might do anyways as I think the run game is a bit out-of-sync at 19). Maybe these changes were the right way to go....but without more data, letting this spiral backward when we had a terrific base isn't the logical move.

I appreciate everyone’s play testing and feedback. With The Show coming out tomorrow, I will be devoting less time to this game....but I am not going to give this up just yet...we're too daggone close
Josh, I know you'd mentioned the advice Matt10 had given you, "if things look right, then you're on the right track." One of my biggest complaints with madden, the zone defenders did not react to the run properly, so that is where I started. I started with the cover 4 safeties, and found the highest pass reaction time where they would still react to the run properly. EA actually has the safety flat foot "bounce" run/pass read programmed into the game(which blows my mind, because it is EA), but playing with default sliders they still backpedal 4 to 5 yards, which is totally wrong on run plays. So using the highest pass reaction time(which is 40, btw) and your "Pure All-Madden" Sliders, I finally have the game playing very life like. With the pass reaction time set at 40, there was an unexpected benefit- My defensive line sacks declined significantly. Here is the odd part of this, the cpu still generates a good deal of pressure(they will often have as many sacks as I do in a game, and I have a great pass rushing front four). With that worked out, I referred to your list of what each individual slider did, in hopes of fixing the run game(both user and cpu). What finally fixed it was a mixture of boosting rouging the kicker(slow the pursuit) and lowering the punt catch interference. PCI set between 30-33(too high and the cpu run game is nonexistent), coupled with boosting the RTK to 40, that has fixed the run game. I did one more adjustment to insure the run game wasn't overpowering, due to the pci and rtk changes I made- I raised the user and cpu tackling to 27. Now to get the coverage to play properly(since I lowered the pass reaction time), I put the defensive pass interference at 99, and finally settled on a pass coverage of 25. Anything below that and pass deflections are few and far between, and the CPU quarterbacks take too many sacks, along with not taking any vertical shots down field. I raised the user interceptions to 25, because I was not getting any, unless it was a user pick. To put this in perspective, all 4 of my starting defensive backs have 70+ catch, the play ball aggressive trait, high play recognition, and high awareness, as well. Even with db's like that, I was in the bottom 5 in the league for interceptions. Here is the complete list of changes I made, which weren't many.

***IMPORTANT NOTE(which I forgot to mention): NORMAL Game Speed***

Penalties:
DPI-99
PCI-30 to 33
RTK-40

User/Cpu Skill Sliders:
Reaction Time-40/40
Interceptions-25/cpu still at 33
Pass Coverage-25/25
Tackling-27/27

Josh, I know it's baseball season, but I would love for you to give these a 3 or 4 game test run in a cfm. If by a snowballs chance in hell you actually test these for that amount of time, if at all, I think you would be very pleased. Remember, these are adjustments made to your pure all-madden set, and I have tinkered with these for more hours than you can even imagine.

Last edited by dsk1317; 03-31-2015 at 02:54 PM.