View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 08:52 AM   #149
RobbieMacc
Rookie

RobbieMacc's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Initial impressions of The Show are all positive. Having played this game for years I really notice the small enhancements the most. First the fielding. I have had a few balls fly over the heads of my outfielders but really can only blame myself for that...I'm digging the lack of "fielder suction" or whatever it may be referred to as. Additionally I've noticed several new animations, some during play and some after. For example, Andrelton Simmons while walking the ball back to the infield would fake a throw to first, nice touch. The fielding feels better this year and so far can't really complain about anything, just need to adjust. Slide step is SWEET, I probably won't use it too much but did manage to throw someone out using it.

Second the lighting. I really can't say much about this except WOW. I read a lot of posts about how the streams didn't do it justice and my my were those correct. The game is gorgeous and with the new color enhancements I really feel like I'm playing on a PS4. Also the new pitcher/batter interface is clean, took some getting used to but I like the changes. I still don't know how I feel about the new ball trail when pitching. I'm using it now and think I'm getting used to it but at least the option is there to turn it off or revert back to the classic way.

I am a franchise guy so I really haven't, probably won't, dig too much into RTTS or DD, but with that said the new card system does have me intrigued. I am more inclined to dabble in DD now than ever before.

As for franchise, I've only played one game but did get to listen to the radio show and I think it's a nice addition. Doesn't provide anything earth shattering but I like having more of a "connection" with what's going on around the league.

Game is great.