View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 11:31 AM   #163
Turbojugend
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

A few things surprised me when I first booted up '15, the first being just how much of a difference the new lighting makes. It's one thing to see it in commercials and YouTube vids, it's entirely another to see it in an actual game. This combined with the improved frame rates (still not perfect, but smoother than last year for sure) make for a much better visual experience.

I had no complaint with the stadiums in '14, but man do they look better this year. During a game at Angel Stadium I moved the replay camera to take a look outside the park, of course the big "A" is still in the parking lot, but there are also cars in areas that will never ever show up on an in-game or replay cam. Same with AT&T and the docks south of McCovey Cove. This level of detail is simply amazing.

Second, while I was aware of year-to-year saves, I wasn't aware the game was going to import all of my settings from '14: audio, dynamic difficulty, etc. Which is nice.

Diamond Dynasty looks freakin' awesome this year. Got some good pulls from the Anniversary packs and '14 loyalty rewards, and hey, Class-A names are in! I can rebuild my Lancaster JetHawks in DD! I see myself spending a lot of time in this mode.