Old 04-02-2015, 09:03 PM   #60
cherman24
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Official uniform errors and omissions 2015 edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by beedl001
To me, this is the most frustrating part of MLB the Show. Every year, they improve the game in a multitude of ways, except with the uniforms. I can see missed piping or part of a sleeve, but entire current uniform sets, I don't get. Who was surveyed on this by the way? Just franchise player or online player?

Go to Uni-Watch and read what the author says and click on the links. He tells you what the teams will do and gives photos showing it. I don't understand how other professional sports games get all the current uniforms in, even if they have to patch them, whereas The Show usually won't do it. Mindboggling. Part of the authenticity of a game is the uniform, socks, belts, etc.

In one of the Twitch streams before the game was released, one of the artists was talking about shadows under the eyes of players. Very detailed and one of the things that makes The Show great. But something as glaring as accurate uniforms is omitted every year.
The only time I can ever remember the show patching a uniform after release was when the Braves were going to bring back the Indian head on a bp hat, got flack, changed them, then the game overwrite it.