View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 12:24 AM   #275
LowerWolf
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Two games down. Lost to the Marlins 4-3 when Solano belted a three-run homer in the 7th.

Game looks and plays great, but something still feels a bit off to me. It's hard to explain. I think I'm still adjusting from 14 though. I played that game a ton and was still playing it last week. May also be that my first series is in Miami's ballpark.

Something I did in 14 that I'm doing now is slowing the game down. Any speed related slider (baserunner speed, fielder speed, all throwing speeds) I set to 0. May feel too slow at first, but I'm really enjoying it. Seems to open up the game a bit too; I hit seven doubles in the second game against the Marlins (and still lost).

I've never had much trouble with the base running, but the new base runner diamond makes it really easy to see who you're controlling. A nice subtle tweak. I'm also still really enjoying the Season/Franchise menus. Having all that information right in front of me helps me feel more involved with the rest of the league.

The last few years, I've played on Fast Play. I decided to go back to Broadcast presentation for the second game. Man, I didn't realize all that I was missing. No more Fast Play for me, I'll just X through when I want to speed things up.

I'm enjoying the game so far, but find myself missing 14 just a bit. But I think that's more where my comfort zone is. I've got no doubt every thing will click soon for me with 15.
Advertisements - Register to remove