View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 10:36 AM   #259
l8knight1
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Hi:

I just wanted to mention some things about uniforms and shoes. Obviously, you all can use anything you want, but if you want the most authentic experience, you can make sure you have retro unis selected. Some retro jerseys will not have the arm stripes for the older teams where most of the guys wear 'long' short sleeves. You may like it better (I don't mind lack of arm stripes) if you use a modern jersey in combination with the 'retro' sets EA gives you (some of which make no sense). Some of the current jerseys are so similar to the retro ones that you may like them better. I also find that many of the retro unis they give you don't have both home and away versions. Steelers and Raiders do, for example, Oilers (Titans) and Chargers do not; in other words, there's no white jersey for those two, and there's other teams like this. I use the Cowboys regular white jersey and grey pants and they look retro, but the Cowboys do not have their retro home blues in the game. Play around with the combos. I posted a few videos in the phase II thread and will post more here if interested. With regards to shoes, some of the teams who have colored shoes other than black and white, look wonky if you edit them with some of the retro shoes, so for those teams we used the mid-cut nikes for just about everybody. With that, you may have best results when setting up your game to use all black or all white shoes. Just some things I came across while editing and trying to make these look as best I could.

We recommend you use appropriate playbooks, as in making the teams use a correct offense and defense. Again, it's all your choice, but Johnny Unitas will look like he has cement in his shoes running an option offense. You won't see Joe Greene on the Steelers as much as you should if you use the 75 Steelers in the 3-4. There are some legendary coaches' playbooks in the game, so play with the 49ers using Bill Walsh's playbook. I think you get my drift.

Kudos again to Capa for all of HIS endless hours on this. It was a tough job to find things that he missed or that were glaringly incorrect, I tried! His accuracy and time put in made this a really fun undertaking for me, and his depth charts are the bomb too. Capa made accurate depth charts and player position adjustments all work with harmony. For example, when I first cracked his roster open and saw Preston Pearson correctly as the Cowboys third-down back, I knew I was hooked. He has these down right to the correct kick returner for every team. Enjoy.

Last edited by l8knight1; 04-06-2015 at 10:38 AM.