Old 04-06-2015, 07:46 PM   #251
theDude47
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: APF 2K8 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJavo
Both of those things are unknown in terms of how to do them in hex. Remember there are two parts to this process. One is finding out the hex locations and values in the roster file which affect the game. Second is the coding to have the application make those changes for you.

I've not been able to understand how the players are assigned to teams. I never spent time trying to research how to make a team user controlled.

If anyone knows how then I can code it.
Thanks for giving us some updates. I figured that was how the process worked (from hex discoveries to coding it into the editor), and I know you were probably busy with family and life. I just think we've kind of hit a road block in terms of developing this editor and game more.

If you aren't finding the hex discoveries AND doing all the coding for the editor, there's probably not a whole lot that can be done at this moment. Most of the people still playing have very little hex experience and/or time to do the in-depth research (I have a fair amount of experience but little time). Those that did make some big finds (catcatch22 and AVONFTW) haven't posted anything new in the last couple of years.

It's unfair to place all the responsibility of both finding and then coding in all the new hex info on you. I know there is still plenty left to find and believe there is a quite a lot that has to be in and around where you unlock the CPU teams. It sucks because if I could just figure out how to correct the location of the shoulder numbers, remove the logo from CPU helmets, and change the playbooks of the CPU teams to my custom playbook, I could easily finish two of my historic teams rosters. Maybe one day.
Advertisements - Register to remove