Old 04-06-2015, 08:12 PM   #1682
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLASS87
I'd like to add that sometimes a lot of sacks are not necessarily a bad thing... If you put together a ferocious defensive line with some outside rushers, you should be getting sacks.

Last year Buffalo led with 55 sacks! That's 3.4/game. I would assume they might see 5-7 sacks one game then 1-2 sacks another game depending on the lines they faced.

The worst team in sacks was Cincinnati with 20 - which is 1.3/game.

The league had 1212 sacks total which is ~38 per team which is about 2.4 a game, per team.

With all that said I feel like you should play at least four games (for variance in QB's, wideouts, and offensive line) and look for a number between 8-16. As long as you're between 8-16 after four games, I'd say we're pretty realistic.
I wholeheartedly agree. If you stifle sacks to the point where they never happen, you run into a second major issue....Robo QB by the CPU.

Just finished the first game of a Colts CFM (versus the Colts) and boy, I am exhausted. The game went to less than 2 minutes in OT, but I managed to get the win. Sacks were critical for both sides as both Manning and Luck were looking downfield a lot (I will note that Manning held the ball a bit too long on several occasions...something I will make a note of...however, I suspect a more mobile QB would have scrambled a bit more). Due to a crap D-line, I had to play a very aggressive style of defense and yes, I was rewarded with some sacks, but Manning burned me a couple of times. The oddity of the game....I somehow managed to bust a 79 yard TD run with Trent Richardson (albeit, on a perfectly blocked power play sprung by a block by Hakeem Nicks).

A little more concerning is that the Broncos had 13 pass deflections against me (that is a wholly unrealistic number). Now, I'm not going to change the set right now as a) the Broncos pass defense is quite good and b) I don't always make the best decisions throwing. I frankly need to learn to either a) checkdown more or b) scramble with Luck....but I have a Favre-esque gunslinger mentality.

I feel like I just played a game of The Show...that was totally intense...yet quite rewarding Thanks for the encouragement Glass....I think you're right....these are tough sliders...but the ratings seem to be shining through.