View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 02:53 AM   #5
arvislegend
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: The Ld2k Challenge

After numerous attempts at this challenge, I finally found success in beating it with a starting 5 consisting of Gold Russell Westbrook, Gold Mitch Richmond, Sapphire Nique, Gold Carmelo Anthony and Gold Dirk Nowitzki. Obviously, the brunt of this challenge can't rely solely on your starting 5. You need 8 good Celtic players that can keep you in the game when your starters are resting. I went with Rondo, Hondo, Kevin McHale, Avery Bradley and 3 other Celtic players that I never really went to. When my starters were resting, I ran my bench offense with Rondo and Hondo and McHale. To be honest, Shaq and Kobe literally can't miss a shot in this game. Jerry West will knock down any jumpshot imaginable if you give him enough space. I finally beat this challenge by abusing my Dirk Post Fadeaway on Shaq and step back 3s with Mitch Richmond. Also, playing Melo as your stretch 4 can open up a great matchup between him and Wilt. Facing up with Wilt almost always leads to an easy 2 points every time. With the CPU practically flawless in this game, Shaq and Kobe will be the biggest problems to overcome in this challenge. You really have to cheese your way into a W with this game. The Post Fadeaway cheese with Dirk is one way to get an edge in this one but you're going to need some good defensive stoppers on the other end in order to ensure the win. This was arguably one of the hardest challenges in the game. Take your time with each possession on this one and grind out every play to make sure almost all of them ends with 2 or 3 points.

PG: Reward Amethyst Steve Francis
SG: Jamal Crawford (Hawks)
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: DeMarcus Cousins

6th: Stephen Curry

Coach: Doc Rivers
Playbook: Phoenix Suns
Advertisements - Register to remove