View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 02:47 PM   #403
BobSacamano
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is the best the game has ever played out of the box, at least if you play offline. The only slider I've touched is the solid hits one, lowering it a couple notches, and I don't anticipate messing around with many others. Pitch speed, fielder speed, baserunners... All that feels phenomenal. Even better, I'm actually seeing balls hit over outfielders' heads. My god, it's a thing of beauty! I could stand to see some more bloops, but that's kinda nitpicking. This team deserves all the kudos for putting out a fully functional, playable game on day 1. Seriously, that's so rare these day.

One area of the gameplay that still needs improvement is hits down the line. Even hard hit balls past or over the third baseman don't really roll to the corners, instead just dying in the outfield grass. If a ball is hit to the right of the third baseman, it most likely is going to get into the LF corner. That rarely happens in the Show. Usually the LF cuts the ball off and holds my guy to a single. I know this has been an issue in the past and that the development team has worked on it, but it's just not there yet.