ChaseB
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Hits and Whiffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
"This is the most blatantly "pay to win" mode in sports gaming"

This is straight BS. Like the poster said above, I've come across a couple of teams absolutely stacked and held them to one or two runs due to having a decent pitching staff and knowing how to setup pitches. NBA2k is the most blatant pay to win model due to the nature of the sport and being able to manipulate CPU teammates with some made up Ruby Kobe, etc.
This has been discussed a lot already later in the thread, I would just like to point out "pay-to-win" isn't "clickbait" in that -- yes for the reasons already mentioned it's not clickbait -- but also because that phrase is just an accepted part of the free-to-play universe. I can understand why those are getting it confused if they're not aware of that lexicon.

It doesn't 1 to 1 mean you pay money and get to win every time. Rather you pay money to get better stuff than those who play "straight up" in the game, and thus have advantages others would not have from an assets level. It does NOT mean you will then win every time, just that you will have an advantage over the field.

In other words, it's really in no way meant to compare the sports at a base competitive level, as yes, I would agree it's easier to negate better players in a one versus one situation rather than a basketball or football situation where you have a million guys not in your control at any given moment. But again, "pay-to-win" does not have anything to do with that here.

Just wanted to clarify for the sake of doing so!