Old 04-15-2015, 09:01 PM   #1740
dsk1317
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENAPENA
In my franchise, my Bears went 4-12 on the year in year one... lost nine straight to finish the year. I still only had the #9 overall pick as a lot of teams seemed to have bad years. Swapped my playbooks to Adam Gase's and Vic Fangio's, changed player types to those playbooks and now I'm in full rebuild.

Very fun franchise season that I felt my actions corresponding to the field. I traded away Marshall thinking Alshon would continue to put up big numbers (he still did, #5 in receiving yards), but my passing game dropped off as a whole without a solid player on the other side of him.

Really enjoying these sliders. I'll let you know how season two goes, as Cutler is a poor fit in my new system so I cut him to save the 18M a year. Nick Fales has the keys to the team this year (I plan to take my lumps) and hopefully I see a QB I like this coming draft class. I also gave the running game over to Ka'Deem Carey (performed very well last year) and traded Forte for a 4th rounder in this upcoming draft.
I did almost exactly as you, including cutting cutler for the $18 million of cap space. I am a big fan of the quarters coverage scheme fangio used with the niners. People think that 3-4 teams are predicated on the blitz, but that is far from the truth. According to pro football focus, the niners blitzed on 20% of their defensive snaps during fangio's tenure there. Now compare that to the league blitz average of 33% during that time span, and you see can see that misconception about 3-4 defenses pretty clearly. It will be more of the 2 high safety, bend but don't break, rush only 4 style we are use to seeing from the bears.(I do not think lovie should've been fired after a 10 win season, btw.) I am a lions fan, so I am not in love with the idea of facing a fangio coached defense twice a year lol