View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 07:55 AM   #1800
picker19
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Hey, Josh, three completely separate questions for you when you have a moment (apologize in advance for the length):

1) You have often said that QA, IG, and Speed Threshold are closely linked. I get the first two, but can you explain why Speed Threshold plays a role? Is it that the lower it is, the more likely there is to be separation in the passing game?

2) In recent tests I've done trying out the OPI and DPI sliders, when I put OPI = 10 and DPI = 90, I clearly saw that coverage is way tighter. Now, you have said that lower Pass Coverage means better coverage but less aggression from the DBs (less INTs and deflections). So, just a thought...what about decreasing OPI and increasing Pass Coverage (and a higher DPI)? In theory, wouldn't this help tighten coverage AND increase INTs and deflections? When looking back at my notes while testing different versions of your AM Hybrid set, I used a version with OPI = 50, DPI = 90 and PC = 50, and then a version where I just lowered PC = 30, and the former version saw a range of 4-6 deflections a game while the latter resulted in half that. Thoughts?

3) Finally, for a long time you (and others) have stated that we must match all slider setting between the Main Menu and the CFM. There's no doubt that matched/unmatched sliders impact game play. I've tested sliders out both ways (matched and with Main Menu at default), and I definitely see a difference, but ultimately I can't pinpoint what the difference is. Sometimes one way works better than others, depending on the slider set. So I often end up testing both ways, which can be tedious. Can you explain why we must always have them matched? Have you been able to pinpoint what happens when they don't match?