View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 02:50 PM   #26
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The NFL Experience Sliders

Aside from the fact that you root for a crappy team (Geaux Saints!!) , you have something cooking here.

When you first started posted your settings, I just shook my head thinking, "None of these settings makes sense....this guy has no clue what he is doing."

When I checked your settings today I noticed that you have a much more logical setup here....so I decided to give these a test drive....I must say, you have an excellent base here for All Pro!

Note: observations made after a couple of games (1 using a stock roster the other using CAPA's historical team roster). Both games played on 'slow' game speed with my personal fatigue/autosub/injury settings

The good
  • The passing game feels excellent...you'll pay if you mis-read a play, but receivers will effectively go after the ball and CPU controlled defenders on the human teams actually react...which has been my pet peeve. Pass variety is also excellent out of the CPU.
  • I used 0 PBK a long time ago on All Madden and there are things I don't love about it....however, on All Pro, this is practically a necessity....excellent call using this setting (I hadn't even considered it).
The concerns

• I'd be a little wary of using 0 RBK. It is sometimes a little too effective on outside runs and not effective enough inside. Also, it isn't always reflective of the O-line ratings. I'm going to stick with this for a while though and see how much variety I see with different teams.
  • The run game feels a little anemic...backs don't have quite as much oomph as I would like to see. I'd strongly recommend setting the Fumbles slider to 40/40. If concerned about fumbles, I would simply bump up the facemask slider to 51...that should compensate nicely.
  • Now that you are in the final stages, I would strongly recommend that you begin archiving your sets so you can go back if something goes awry. Just copy old sets into a spoiler tag on the opening post before making changes. Trust me....you will thank me for this.
I don't think you need to make any wholesale changes at this point - so don't get slider-tweaking happy The only major suggestion I have is the one made above with the fumbles/facemask tweaks...which I am going to do.

Nice job!