Old 05-01-2015, 09:31 PM   #1824
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by adickerson
I want to thank you for all the work you have put into this. I have to say these have been some of the most sim like sliders that I have played with...And although I went undefeated in my 3rd season with the steelers (The team is 93 over all rated 96 off and 91 def, with superstars at pretty much every position and a 99 everything olb that I created that has broken the sack record 3 times), top teams gave me a run for my money and I crushed bottom feeders. The best part for me is the QB play cpu qbs actually seem to play to their ratings and pressure actually effects throws which is freaking awesome. Human DB play also seems to be more realistic, Im not seeing wr's run circles around them anymore

Their are only 2 issues that I have seen... The first one is the lack of penalties which I believe is an EA code problem so there is nothing we can do about it. The second thing that I have noticed though is the lack of injuries for the human side.... yes you might have a rb, wr, lb or db and sometimes a qb pick up a injury that last longer than 6weeks but I have noticed that by the end of the season most cpu teams have an average of 7 players on the injury list and at lest 2 or 3 are on IR with severe injuries. And I don't know if this is only me, but I have never seen a OL injury for the human player.

I guess my question is, have you noticed this and have you considered playing with the injury slider?

Thanks again for all of your hard work, this set has really made madden enjoyable for me.
First off, glad you are enjoying these....sounds like you built a powerhouse squad.

As to your comments, you're right about penalties...I mean, yes, we could get more penalties, but the ones we could add to the mix (offsides, holding) would require tweaks to those sliders that would totally exacerbate the sack issue.

The injury slider is tough....and is a matter of taste. When you bump it up, you get more injuries....but it seems like QBs REALLY get hurt a lot...especially on the other side when they are taking sacks. I personally don't love the idea of facing every team's second or third stringers every game. Feel free to bump it up if you'd like...just be aware of the potential consequences.