View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 03:27 PM   #10
jergiants
Banned

jergiants's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I am getting REALLY tired of the game deciding you aren't going to catch a fly ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
That's a routine fly ball? Okay.

I get what you're saying, but the ball shadow itself (not the marker) followed a pretty normal flight path to where it landed - it didn't just suddenly jerk to the left. I'm going to hazard a guess that this was wind-aided as well, because it just kept on carrying and eventually reached a point where it was going to hit off the wall. The marker was trying to reflect that but I think it got lost when the ball carried far enough to reach the wall.

JMO. I probably would have played it the same way you did, with the same result. it's easy to get locked into where the marker is telling you to be, and not actually watch the ball as it comes down.
YES, it was routine. At least it should have been. As in if he was standing where the ball landed he should have caught it. I don't look at where the shadow is, I look where the ball marker is, WHICH IS WHERE IT IS SUPPOSED TO LAND. I'm sorry but the "wind" shouldn't make the ball marker suddenly move 10 feet over at the last second. It didn't bounce off the wall it bounced IN FRONT of the wall. The last position the ball marker was before it moved suddenly was ON the wall BEHIND my outfielder.

This same thing has happened on even more routine fly balls after hardly moving the outfielder, the ball just doesn't land where the marker says it is going to. Or the fielder makes absolutely no attempt to catch the ball. For example one time a ball coming down went THROUGH my outfielder's chest. With no attempt to catch it.

If you were standing exactly where the ball marker was, and the ball ended up landing 10 feet next to you, what would YOU blame it on???