View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 08:56 AM   #13
illiterateoption
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 16 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
I don't expect them to update the engine, animation system in one year. And I understand not updating the tattoos. But I can't for the life of me figure out why they can't update the equipment. Especially when they have updated equipment in NCAA 14. They are still wearing Reebok. SMH.
The bold text is the problem. They ported M25 to the next gen. M16 will mark the 3rd next gen title to use the same engine and animation system with no end in sight. This is the same engine used since Madden 2006. Infinity/Ignite is an animation system layered on top of that same core engine.

They've had more than a year to implement a new engine - certainly enough time to provide new animations. After all, weren't we promised "never to see the same tackle twice" when the Infinity Animation system was rolled out for Madden 13?

I have hammered away at this point and will continue to do so because websites refuse to challenge EA on this issue as it relates to Madden. They'll hammer $20 games like RBI baseball but Madden is never challenged.