JetLife6
Banned

JetLife6's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to fix Madden 16 lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
It doesn't look better to me

The orange on the Manning image now looks washed out (admittedly the original image is a bit dark, but I think this is an overcorrection).

The Gronk image now has an unnatural greenness to it which shouldn't be present given the original context of the image (an afternoon scene). If the aim was to shift the scene from an afternoon to a noon scene, mission accomplished, but that's not how an outdoor scene should look in the middle of the 2nd quarter of a 4 PM game. In addition, the NFL ball simply is not the dark unsaturated color it has been adjusted to, that's simply wrong.

The Sherman image adjustment is the most problematic of the three. It is incredibly oversaturated to the point of losing detail in the uniform textures. White light simply doesn't overpower the source color in that manner illustrated in the adjusted image. Further, the light source in this case is above Sherman, so his back should be darker and shadowed relative to the bright lights above him.

Admittedly I'm not a computer graphics expert, I only took a course on the subject in college and it's been a little while since I've done anything with 3D graphics extensively, but these adjustments don't make the game look better in my opinion.
the ball may not look better... but the ball in madden now looks terrible. like shiny plastic. should be darker with much less shine. More of a leather grain