View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 03:07 PM   #102
mikey87
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Clearly they had issues porting other modes and features over into 15 with a year off during the first year of the latest gen consoles.

I have no inner knowledge of the situation, but that is my guess as to the reasoning for player editing not being included.
Eventhough I usually agree with pretty much everything You have written on this forum about the game, now I have to disagree.

Quote:
It is not that far fetched. You edit everyone's name to be the same in the game and you get wonky sim results or freezes.
Name is just one field on the database table, and it has nothing to do with simming or stats or anything else for that matter. It is really just a field on the table, and data on that field gets printed to screen, that's all. Every player has an ID, and all other data (name, attributes, gear...) is linked to that unique ID.

Quote:
You edit everyone's attributes to a certain point and the game doesn't know how to react. They test this game over and over. If and when they find instances that make the user experience poor or show that their is a potential for the game to not behave above a certain standard then they have to scrap things and work on them for future iterations of the game.
"game doesn't know how to react" can't happen by editing player attributes. That would mean that there's not any random factors in the game, and that is not the case I believe. Just by simming two games (cpu vs cpu), You can see that there is some random factors in the game, since the result or the whole gameplay of the second game will not be identical with the previous one. It might be true, that by editing attributes (if we assume that these really have an impact on the game this year) the game can be altered to be something, that EA does not want it to be.

Quote:
We, as the users, get mad when it is any other feature but somehow with editing rosters we think that they are just doing it to spite us? That doesn't really add up in my mind, sorry.
As I have stated above, editing rosters (players) can't damage or break the game. There is already boundaries for the values being used for attributes and all the other things. "They" are not doing it to spite us, but excluding this feature from the game has been done for some other reason than to protect their customers from breaking their game. That I can be 100% sure of.

Quote:
Again, not saying that I am right, but I think that if we ever had a real Ask Me Anything where a producer actually sat down and answered all the questions -and answered them truthfully- that my wager would be on this for the real answer.
Again, I disagree with this.