View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 02:05 PM   #5
Pokes404
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Why was the underhand free throw animation removed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I would guess that they can't have everything they've ever done in the game as it would blow up the game size too much, maybe even slow it down. They probably remove those animations they think are largely irrelevant to the majority of the community.
That's my thinking. I'm guessing they have a budgeted amount of memory dedicated to animations. So if they add something, then they probably have to eliminate something. They may have felt it was better to drop an animation that not many people used in favor of something more useful.

As for shooting free throws granny-style, I'm surprised more players who are terrible at the line don't give it a try. And for really tall guys, it does make sense from a physics standpoint to lower the release point of the ball and encourage a softer arc. But for me personally, I shot free throws at a 90% rate throughout high school but can't make 6 out of 10 granny-style (the few times that I've tried it). So it's definitely not for everyone. It wasn't ever that big of a deal for me to replicate my normal shot at the line. I'm also only 6 foot tall though, so I'm already low enough to the ground as is.

Last edited by Pokes404; 05-27-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove